Holy crap, Atlanta Veg Fest was so much fun! So many awesome people came by our booth. And there are so many cool veg-friendly businesses popping up in Atlanta not to mention all the hard-working animal organizations.
Atlanta Veg Fest 2013 Gallery
We snapped a few pics while we were there – click to see a bigger one.
Nacho samples with Gutenfleischers TM taco meat and Teese nacho sauce
Taylor & Kevin working the Dough booth
Carrot cake & bundt cake disappeared first
Another Kevin & Taylor moment at the Dough booth
Checking out the pumpkin pie samples
Sandwiches ready for lunch
A few baked goods left early afternoon
A congratulatory cake for a well done 2nd Atlanta Veg Fest
We gave away a $25 gift certificate as well as product samples
Simon dishing out free cake to attendees at Atlanta Veg Fest
The carving & sampling of the Gutenfleischers roasts
Simon sampling out the roasts
At the end of Veg Fest, we had a big ol’ drawing for our $25 gift certificate. See it in action!
We’ve had some requests for the recipe of the stuffed mushrooms we sampled out at the Atlanta Veg Fest. So here you go!
1/3 lb Gutenfleischers SG sausage meat
3 oz (half container) Treeline Cashew Cheese, either variety
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 lb Mushrooms
1) Cook SG in skillet over medium heat then let cool
2) Wash and de-stem mushrooms
3) Blend cooled SG, cashew cheese and bread crumbs in mixing bowl by hand
4) Stuff mixture into mushrooms and place on baking sheet
5) Bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes
– Save mushrooms stems, dehydrate them, then process in food processor to make mushroom powder for gravies and soups.
– Don’t overstuff the mushrooms as they will shrink when baked.
– Prepare the day before a party, then just toss them in the oven when you need them.
Have we got your attention now? We need more people on our Walk For Farm Animals team! So we’re gonna start bribing people. If you join our team and raise at least $100, have a meal on us! (That’s a $10 Dough gift certificate for you.) That’s in addition to the t-shirt the walk will give you if you raise $100. We’re also donating breakfast goodies to the walk so when you get there you get free scones and muffins! AND you can bring your dog!! Seriously, where’s the down side? It’s going to be a blast!
The walk is October 19th at Piedmont Park. Check-in is 10am and the walk is 11am – 2pm. Early registration is only $15!